White Wizard Games just announced via email a new Star Realms Kickstarter launching at 10 am EST on Wednesday, Jan. 15th, 2020:
The Deluxe NOVA Collection
Click HERE to be alerted when the campaign goes live.
Here’s what we know so far:
- Kickstarter Exclusive: It will not be available in distribution later on.
- Contents [the following is quoted from their announcement email]:
- Beautiful foil versions of every card from Promo Pack 1, the Gambit Set, Crisis: Bases and Battleships, Events, Heroes, Fleets and Fortresses, the Cosmic Gambit Set and the Star Realms Base set with 6 starting decks and extra Explorers.
- Six big score dials to track your Authority!
- A stunning high-quality 14 inch by 24 inch linen finish game board.
- 9 game dividers to keep your personal decks, Explorers, trade deck cards and gambits organized and make set up super easy!
- Play Star Realms solo or cooperative with the challenge game board!
- A new box with space to sort everything including all the cards with or without sleeves.
- New cards? It doesn’t look like there will be new ships or bases; this is a beautified version of some of the original set and some early expansions.
- Will they release foil versions of other sets? Who knows. Maybe those will be stretch goals, or maybe it will depend on how this Kickstarter goes.
- Score Dials! The score dials look like a much better scoring option than the dice, original score cards, and the battery draining apps.
- Sleeves. The pic shows a stack of sleeves, though sleeves are not included in the base purchase, but will be available as add-ons.
- New Board. It’s always hard to decide which playmat to use when playing Star Realms IRL…this board will make the decision even harder. It’s beautiful.
- Nemesis Beast Challenge Board. It looks like the same one the came with a previous set…Gambits I think. Though it’s referred to as a challenge “board”. Perhaps it will be a bigger version of the previously released card. That would be nice.
- Foil Cards. It’s difficult to get a sense of what the foil cards actually look like, but hopefully when the Kickstarter launches we’ll get some better views. It will be interesting to see if these foil cards are patterned after the foil cards released in the digital app, or if they will be completely different.
- Game Box. It looks cool, though I’m not sure whether I will use the new game box or just put everything in my Universal Storage Box.
- Worth it? Hard to say without seeing the price, but WWG is likely getting my money.